Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

I have been a carpenter for 35 years. It's hard to believe. I am one of the few lucky people that really do what they love for a living. In the '80's, I would buy historical homes that were usually in horrible condition and restore them back to pristine condition. These were always my favorite projects.

Many people feel that they can restore a home on their own, and this is true for some houses, but the older ones have so much more to them. The key is to restore to the way they would have looked in their prime. Nothing sickens me more then seeing a house that was so full of beauty from the 1800's or 1900's that has been made to look modern inside. It just doesn't fit. I specialize in older homes and homes that have been through a fire. A lot of times, people think there is no hope for homes that have been through a fire, but that isn't always the case.

In some of the following posts, I will show a few examples of homes I have restored. Please feel free to ask my advice if you have a home that is in need of extensive repair. That is one of the reasons that I created The Handi Craftsman Home Improvement Blog. Whether you are in Orlando, Sarasota, Central Florida, or anywhere else, I will do my best to answer your questions.

See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment